I am currently reading Chris Barez-Brown’s excellent new book ‘Shine’. If you haven’t come across Chris before, then take it from me he is one of the most inspiring and creative people you’ll ever meet. Anyway, I digress.. in Shine, Chris asks us all to list out the ’10 reasons I am happy’, which I have done and you can read below. He reckons you should do it standing-up, but I reckon I might have looked a bit weird doing that in the office, so I hope the results still came out OK.
If you want to know more about Chris then check him out on Twitter (@uppingyourelvis) or via his website
Ten Reasons I am happy
1) I have an amazing family that love and support me in all I do.
2) Central to that is my incredible wife and amazing little boy
3) I am lucky enough to have been born into the richest 1% of the world’s population – I have running water, electricity, internet, TV and a front door.
4) I have been given, and continue to be given, opportunities to learn and develop myself
5) I love my work. (Most of the time :))
6) My work allows me to do good, which is nice
7) I am good at what I do – which opens up new opportunities for me
8) I am lucky enough to work alongside some of the most talented people in the business, which means I never stop learning.
9) I have incredible friends that will always be there for me.
10) I am still (quite) young, which means I have loads more to offer and thousands of things to still experience. Which is quite exciting really.